Tuesday 7 February 2012

Routine and Convenience survival musts

My greatest learning this week is that i am going to need routine and convenience to survive sanely. 

 Mr Deceitful has now gone away for three weeks to Vietnam and I have my lovely three year old coming on thirty three year old to deal with (|Miss Moo) on my own.    When her dad goes away it always takes time to settle, but thank goodness for the realms of technology - skype saves the day.  When Miss Moo decides to throw a tantrum I just plonk her in front of the computer and tell her to tell her dad all about it - it is so funny listening to her conversations with him and the real great thing is that she can actually show him what she did during the day.  The good aspect about this, is that it rids of the tantrum and also rids of  the moment !!!

The next most customer centric thing I have come across is on line food shopping, whoever invented this is an absolute genius in my mind.  Food Shopping is not one of my favourite past- times, in fact I have had to learn to cook again, as Mr Deceitful was an amazing cook so he was in charge all the time of cooking - must say i do miss his curries.  Wow i am blown away by on-line food shopping, for the price of a latte each week i can order on line and pick up at my convenience, whats more last week i got a 'goodie' bag full of great samples that even included a wine bottle - how to get to my heart, Countdown did it in one week  !!!   This relieves so much stress, and i actually feel organised doing it because each time i run out of something i just go on-line and load it up.  One other aspect I love it that I will go to collect, give my name and jump right to the front of the queue without paying a cent, all done and dusted within 5 minutes. 

My organisational skills have had a re-vamp.  I have even found car washes as well to save time and convenience, even though as a child i always got told they are no good for your cars, I had to  change my  mind set, as  this saved me time,  cost of product and also gave a better polished shine that i would ever have been able to achieve . The next biggest" no no",  if my father was still alive,  was getting someone to mow the lawns, dad always did this every Sunday morning as a weekly ritchal , well for $10.00 i get this done and don't even need to worry about when to do it, it is all taken care of for me, and scheduled - the smell of freshly cut lawns greets me a surprise moments - love it .   Convenience, you gotta say,  although it might cost a wee bit, you really need to start looking for the value of your time.  Working four days a week, time is of the essence, so when convenience comes in i don't mind giving up a coffee or two to remain sane.

Routine is another necessity.  I have learnt how to plan my nights, if Miss Moo is not in bed by 7.30 then the night turns into a disaster.  We must have feeding done and clothes organised before we go to bed, and of course the most important thing - the teeth cleaned and we have a routine of three books a night.  One value of routine is that I am teaching Miss Moo to tell the time, she knows when it is seven o'clock now !!!

The funky abode is getting my smells in it, I have just sold some lovely furniture tonight which was just too big to place, so we are slowly starting to get organised, and i have purchased some modern furniture !!.  I purchased some hearts this week which are kinda funky and these have been placed in the hall with the approval of Miss Moo.

The next challenge on the cards is renovations, laundry, kitchen and hallway are the target areas - crikey all i can see is $$$$ being spend - time to get my energy up to bargain hunt and negotiate without over capitalising.

Signing off feeling a little more organised  thanks to the help of Countdown Supermarkets.


Lots of love

IFM

No comments:

Post a Comment